Rode NT2 Question

Fred22

I have a Rode NT2..on one side is the slider that allows you to select omni or cardiod mode. On the other side is a 3 position slider. The one to the far right is a -10db pad. Can anyone tell me what the other two positions are? I'm pretty sure one is a high pass filter, because the manual lists high pass filter under "features". The far left position has a right angle mark, a straight line on top and a connecting line making a 90 degree angle. The middle position is a straight line __. The manual does not explain what these positions represent. Anyone out there using this mic, please help.

Fred

the straight line means no drop off...allowing for more self noise...the slightly bent angle is a nice drop off of about 6db per octave from a point typically arround 100 cycles...the bigger bend would usually be a 12db per octive drop-off.

Thanks for the info. What about the high pass filter? The manual states it as a feature, but there is nothing on the mic to activate it. I've been using the "bent angle" setting (on my mic it's a 90 degree angle) practically all the time. Why would one use the middle setting (straight line), allowing for more self noise? The one to the far right is a -10db pad (I know this is for recording louder source material). Under what conditions would one use the other two positions? Thanks again.

Fred

I'm fairly certain that bent line setting IS the high-pass filter. I have the NT-2a model, and the only bent line setting on there is for the filter.

Back