Rode NT2 deal

8th Street has 'em listed at $419 on their website with free shipping. Maybe in six months they'll be under $350.

Hey dammit!!! On 8th streets webpage it lists the NT2 as a "instant quote" item... and the quote I got was $449...

Man, I just went back there again (Recording, Microphones, Vocal, Page 2, and the price is still $419. If I click on the name to get a picture, it shows me an NT2 picture and says discount price: $419. What gives? Maybe their server can detect where web queries come from and directs people to a different HomePage (with regional pricing) depending on what part of the county we live in. It sounds a little bizzare, but it wouldn't surprise me. BTW, I live in California.

Oh yeah, the Part Code listed is 1713.

Hey, member dougschmude from another mic thread (mics and mic pre-amps) says 8th Street quoted him $429 for an NT2.

Maybe I'm not so crazy after all.

Then again...maybe I am.

No, Dammit! I'm Not!!!

Yessss, you are...

Who said that!?

[This message has been edited by tdukex (edited 12-22-1999).]

[This message has been edited by tdukex (edited 12-22-1999).]

hey,

umm im probably a lot newer to all this than all of you.. umm

sorry to change the topic, but how does the AKG C1000 compare to the Rode NT-2 (or NT-1) when recording vocals?

does anyone have any information on the ART127 preamp by any chance?

thanks

bill

musicfest@hotmail.com

These are just my experiences & opinions:

On vocals and pretty much everything other than when you don't want off-axis coloration, the Rodes' will sound better.

However, an Oktava MC319 from The Sound Room only for $279US will sound better than a Rode NT-1 on most things and about half n' half when compared to an NT-2.

just a tip for those online stores (zzounds, 8thstreet) who won't list a price or have an instant quote email - just pretend you're buying it! click add to cart, and then check your cart for the price - you can always remove it.

I was thinking of buying this mic. But thought u guys may know of another good bang-for-a-buck microphone as good (or possibly better) asthe Rode NT2

Considering this model has been discontinued and replaced by the nt2000, the price should be getting much better. That should be a good bargaining chip for anyone looking to buy soon.

Back