Rode NT1 vs. Studio Projects C1?

I have a Rode NTK and have recorded with a C1, the C1 sounded just as clean and bright (i like that sound on some stuff) didn't have the (i wanna say warmth, but i won't) mid range body of the NTK but it was clear and sat well in the mix. I think that may be its best quality. It seems to "get over" anything else so you don't lose the vocal in a busy mix. YMMV

Mountainmirrors said:
I own a Rode NT1 - and love it. But that Studio Projects mic has my attention. Any opinions?
Thanks!
IMO, the Marshall MXL-V67G, Rode NT1, and Studio Projects C1 are all in about the same class... wth the C1 being the brightest sounding of the bunch... and the V67G being the least harsh and smoothest IMO.

DJL said:
IMO, the Marshall MXL-V67G, Rode NT1, and Studio Projects C1 are all in about the same class... wth the C1 being the brightest sounding of the bunch... and the V67G being the least harsh and smoothest IMO.

How do _you_ rate the NT1000 then, compared to the others?

From the snips I've heard, the NT1 sounds "harsher" to my ears than the C1, which in turn has a bit less body and more "zip", but maybe not as much "resonant distortion" as the NT1 appears to have. I agree that certainly the V67G that sounds "warmest" of the 3 you mention.

Please note that my experience with the NT1 and the V67G is mainly through other peoples recordings, so I may be wrong here... but I know the C1 and a few other LDC mics.

-- Per.

Back