Rode NT 1000 or NTK Tube

YungPoke

I need a mic for vocals only and was thinking about purchasing one of the two. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about these mics and whats the big difference in the two that makes one $200 more expensive (NTK)?

if its $200 better is purely subjective and would take a listen to decide.......

heres some thoughts that may or may not help......

I have two NTK mics. I like them and I'd buy them again. As for the price difference, I have no way to judge since I have never used a NT 1000.

For vocals, the NTK can have a bit of sibilance.

For things such as drum overheads and acoustic guitar I have found them to work just fine.

I have both the ntk and the nt1000. They are both good mics. The price difference has to do with the ntk being a tube mike, but quality wise I wood say they are in the same league. The ntk has a fuller sound (bigger bass response), while the nt1000 is just clean sounding. For vocals, it is just a matter of taste. I find the nt1000 works pretty well on all vocals, the ntk can sound ammazing (on most), and then not so great on others (girl singers with "piercing" voice for example).

For vocals, the NTK can have a bit of sibilance.

The nt1000 suffers here too, but not as bad. Mic possitioning is tricky to minimize it.

Back