Rode NT-1000 mod

Bobby Darko

I am using a Rode nt-1000 for some months now and I really really like this mic. It does not have that brittle sound (like the chinese and also the Rode nt-1 in my experience), it's very honest and thick enough for a lot of sources. But maybe it can be better? I am especially curious if there's something to make it a littlle more open/less dark. Mr. Joly?

BTW. I think this mic is somewhat overlooked as one of the best enrty level mics around. Better than MXL imho. ( I never used/heard a studio projects btw)

Folks, I had been using a Rode NT1A. But recently it was not working and was sent to repair. No wI want to buy a NT1000. Would it be a good deal for quality? Please suggest

I have 2 x NT1000's, they are a secret weapon and a great sounding mic. They are very similar to the sound of a NTK but without the valve.

You will pick them up second hand for about $200 - $250 in the US and even where I am in Oz. Nobody seems to use them for some reason but they are great for vocals and acoustic instruments, I recommended one to a guy here that wanted a mic for cello and he got one and was over the moon with the sound. I think what puts people off is that they are single cardiod pattern and don't have any roll off or pad switches. I have never found that a problem.

They were a secret weapon, but with me spruiking them here the secret may be out.

Alan.

Back