Rode Microphones - great experience

Wolfram

A while ago I purchased a Rode NT1-A Microphone for use in my studio. I wanted something reliable and versatile. The features and quality of the Rode NT1-A microphone were excellent for the price and more importantly when I got the mic hooked up for use in recording vocals, acoustic guitar and for getting a nice ambient room sound, I was very impressed with the awesome response and quality of sound.

So based on this very positive experience, I purchased a Rode M1 as an alternative to the Shure SM58 - and boy am I glad I did. Again, a great sounding mic for a reasonable price and punching above it's weight.

Now as a very proud Australian I was so stoked that Rode is an Australian product (Made in Sydney, Australia) and that they were building such a great product. So I figured that I would write a very quick email to the guys at Rode and thank them for building such a great microphone just to give some credit where credit is due. Not only did they get back to me in quick time and were very appreciative of the support they sent me out a limited edition t-shirt (which is actually a very cool design as opposed to the standard black number that most manufacturers charge an arm and a leg for) and thanked 'me' for the feedback. All this within 24 hours of me sending off a quick email!

Now in this day and age of 'made in China' products and faux responses to customer feedback from most manufacturers I am genuinely char grinned to have received such a positive experience - and all from an Australian company which is producing and developing great audio technology equipment.

With this type of response from Rode I am feeling pretty safe in the knowledge that the 10 year (NT1-A) and Lifetime (M1) warranty on their microphones are definately going to be honoured. Makes you also feel pretty confident that if they are offering this kind of warranty they are pretty confident in the quality and builf of their products.

-Wolfram :D

I bought an M3 and was pretty impressed with it's sound in a live capacity. In the studio, it's not all it's cracked up to be - though it sounded good on accordion and drums. I'm looking forward to trying out more Rode mics, though. Especially the K2 and NT3.

Yeah I've used a pair of NT5 and an NTK for the last 8 years with no problems, and lots of great feedback everytime I use them. Rode sometimes gets a little maligned, and sometimes a little too much praise, but overall I think they are great. I thought they would be a nice buy until I could afford something better, and have yet to want something better.

Nice one, Wolfram, and congratulatons on the unexpected gift. Indeed, Rode do have a good reputation and the NT1-A has become something of a legend.

Back