Rode K2 vs. SP T3

patsplat

Has anyone used or a/b'd both of these mikes ?If so,which one did you like the best and on what? Or are they pretty close sound wise ?

patsplat said:
are they pretty close sound wise ?
bump...I'm still interested in both of these mics and have no place close to try them out for myself.I found a place on the net selling the K2 for only $69 more than the T3. Should I (IYO) run-not walk, and snag the K2 for this price ($569) or save my $69 and buy the T3 (or buy something else for more - ebay AT4060 etc.) ?? :confused:

I wish I could tell you.
However, I do have the T-3 and use it all the time. I love it for vocals and the occassional acoustic guitar track. It is full bodied without being prone to sibilance. It sounds great on a variety of voice types, which helps when you cant afford a huge mic locker.

I choose it most often over the following mics unless the persons voice is kind of muddy.

AT4033
Cad E100
Studio Projects B-3
MXL V-67g

If the vocalist has a very murky voice I would choose a brighter mic v67 or the AT4033.

Hope that helps some.

Tom

I havn't tried the T3, but have been using the k2 for about 2 months now and it sounds good on everything ive put in front of it, especially acoustic guitar and vocals.....I might just get another, I think a pair of these would be killer

Hey Tom and everyone...thanx for the replies! From what I've read so far ,it seems like either is a pretty safe bet for the $$$,but I sure would like to find someone who's tried both and see what they thought...anyone ??

Back