Rode k2 or ntk????

SPANISH_ARMADA

What mic should i go with fellas????

I can afford the more expensive one, but that doesnt mean its better!.Im hoping one of you have tried both!

I think K2 is the multi pattern version. I love my ntk but it's fixed cardioid polar pattern, if you need multi pattern get the K2...

I think K2 is the multi pattern version. I love my ntk but it's fixed cardioid polar pattern, if you need multi pattern get the K2...

what is the difference between multi pattern and cardioid?.What is each one used for?

I will only be using it for vocals.

Thank you.

what is the difference between multi pattern and cardioid?.What is each one used for?

I will only be using it for vocals.

Thank you.

Multi-pattern allows you to control the amount of proximity effect the capsule produces, and also allows the options for adding some of the room to the recording, or allows multiple singers around the same mic.

Omni-directional does not produce proximity effect, figure 8 enhances it. It allows you a variety of ways to tailor the sound.

I have both of these Rode microphones and I love both of these microphones but I do have a favorite and it's the K2. For the very reason that PhilGood has just explained so elegantly and straight to the point.
The K2 gets used much more than the Ntk. It gets rode(ha-ha) hard and put away wet every day compared to the Ntks' biweekly appearance in the studio.

...besides the multi-pattern feature, the K2 also utilizes a newer, more improved capsule design than the NTK...smoother, much less high-end "bite" than the NTK... ;)

I just went through the same conundrum and the K2 won out over the NTK in my machinations. It'll be my only tube mike so its variable polar pattern capabilities swung it. It should arrive on Friday all being well. :)

Very good jedblue, I know you'll love it as much as I love mine. Just love it for vocals and just resonantly used it on omni to record stand up bass and was blown away!! about 3 feet off the floor and 2 feet away from the instrument..WOW.
Just a few things to consider allow the mic to warm up some before using / always mount the mic upside down as so the heat doesn't travel up to the element / and never plug the mic in hot make sure every thing is plugged in before switching it on..

Post back here after you have tried out your new K2 and give a report.

Back