Rocktron Hush C?

thenextbigthing

I need to know something, im looking to buy something to completely eliminate all noise from my rig, and the shit i got gives me alot of feedback and hissing noises, and im wondering whether i should get the Rocktron Hush C rackmount, or the Rocktron Hush C pedal, whats the difference which is better you think? What is the pedal for only if you have other pedals, and the rackmount is for if you have alot of shit hooked up to your amp like alot of rackmounts? I dont know.

I guess it depends on what the Noise is Caused from...It might be better to eliminate the Cause of the Noise as opposed to trying to get rid of the Noise after it has allready happened....

A lot of Noise from Electronic music equipment is cause from Improper Grounding and AC Hum and from the Magnetic Field caused from the Power Transformer inside the equipment interacting with the Curcuitry....

I don"t think the Rocktron Hush get rid of the cause of this type of noise but only try to mask it after the noise has been allready introduced into the Signal Chain the same way a Noise Gate does....

If this is the type of Noise you are experienceing then it can be mostly eliminated buy doing a few things like useing High quality Grounded cables and something like a Power conditioner would really help with getting rid of electronic noise and interferance especially if you use a Lot of Pedals with DC adapters as they are a Big source if noise...

also especially with electric guitars since they are unballanced High Impedance devices try to use the Shortest cable that you can get away with as long cable will pick up more interferance and there is no need to use a 50 foot cable if you are in a 12 x 12 room.....

Doing these things can help eliminate a Lot of the noise and Hum you hear from electric guitar if the Noise is cause from Power/Grounding issues....

Cheers

The C's only get rid of hiss and white noise. Most of the time that's caused by having a lot of gain. It is best to put these things in the effects loop, because the effects loop is after the preamp in the signal chain. Putting it between the guitar and the amp won't do any good because the amp is what is making the noise, not the guitar.

It would be helpful if you would describe your setup. What equipment are you using that is making all the noise?

thenextbigthing said:
My set up is my guitar hooked up to my pedal board which is hooked up to a Furman pq-3, which is hooked up to my amp.
Are you using the distortion from the pedal board or the amp?

If the hiss is from the pedal board, put the hush after the pq-3 before the amp.

If you are Getting a Lot of Noise from your Pedals then a Power conditioner would really help because when you use a DC adapter to power your pedals the DC Power has a Lot of Ripple in it which causes a Lot of Noise (You will get less noise from a 9v battery) and a Power conditioner Smooths out the ripple and regulates the Power so there is no Noise....

It is especially good if you run a Lot of pedals.....

Cheers

Back