Rocket Powered British Snail

Elyst

Hello guys,

A few weeks ago I had a friend of mine visit me and we decided to grab some lyrics I had made and we composed this songs. This took about a whole afternoon and night... we were recording the voice about midnight and we finished at 1am... since it was really late and I couldn't overdo with the noise I had a bit of extra pressure while recording the voice... so it looks a bit hawfull.

heres the link to the song Rocket Powered British snail

Hope you guys like even if a few seconds of the song.
I was hoping I could get some constructive reviews of this so I can do better next time

and please spare me the "your singing sucks! Go to Hell NOOB!" comments, I already know that part.

Thanks for reading :)

PS: while I'm at it you can also give some reviews of this medley, in this case I wanna know what you think of the progression, would it make a good song if it had more instruments and such.

Medley

Last edited:
You've already mentioned the bad bits so you need to go away and make these things better. Pan the guitars too, that will fill the sound up a little :cool:

Thanks for the suggestion (specially for being so quick, wow), I edited the first post a little you might want to read it again.

hum... I'm intrigued with the panning suggestion... I'm recording as mono... because I have an Alesis IO 2 express and I plug my guitar in it directly or sometimes using the amp line out. If I record in stereo the sound could only be heard on one side... I think it's because of the cables or because the guitar can only send to one channel... I don't know much about this mono stereo stuff... but can I make a stereo track out of a mono track?

I think I may purchase a lil' book about home recording, hopefully I can take some tips out of it. Let's hope its worth the money : )

Back