ROCK (Pre vocals) - Are the drums ok?

bendbones

Hey everyone,

Was wondering if you'd all give this (pre-vocal) track a listen. Unfortunately, I had to program the drums, because I don't have access to a huge studio/live in a very noisy neighbourhood. So basically, rip this track apart...cringe at the drum samples, fret at the horrible guitar tones...whatever...

Cheers!
Ben.

Hey everyone,

Was wondering if you'd all give this (pre-vocal) track a listen. Unfortunately, I had to program the drums, because I don't have access to a huge studio/live in a very noisy neighbourhood. So basically, rip this track apart...cringe at the drum samples, fret at the horrible guitar tones...whatever...

Cheers!
Ben.

This is good stuff, I like it! But if I could tweak the drum I would add a little more compression to make it more thicker. Have a listen to this:

jomir333.googlepages.com/ad-da-revised.mp3
jomir333.googlepages.com/minor.mp3

(just paste it in your browser, I can't post url's unless I have posted 5 times or more :p )
I used Addictive Drums, and they're awesome, almost lifelike. And if you are in the midi editing mode, try to vary the velocity settings on the strokes to make it sound more realistic. But overall your song sounds great!

John

Last edited:
Sounds great. My only nitpick would be the cymbals--they get a bit harsh when they're really wailing.

They sound good in the lighter parts--but then they overwhelm a bit. Don't what you programmed with, but assuming you have individual tracks for each piece of the kit, you could try automating the volume down a bit on the brass during the all out parts.

Nice job! :D

Back