Rock N Roll cover tune (this one rocks!)

kjam22

Okay.... I got inspired by Hevyd47's cover of the hendrix song. This isn't Hendrix..... but it really rocks. I just tracked it today. Played all of the instruments. This is not a serious song. It's just really really fun.

Song is "Good Ole Rock N Roll"

Link is : http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2124&alid=-1

Bonus points to the person who can name the band that first did this medly.

Oh... and crank it up!

sounds like it was fun..

uh...uh.. C. Berry?

there is a fair amount of distortion over the entire track too...like you were overloading something along the line. Cranked in phones might have been hard to hear...but it is pretty evident.

Good ole R&R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely my first love. I was born in 1956 so I guess it's understandable.
I really enjoyed the medley K.
Probably not as much as you did playing it though:D

Rock on bro:)

Thanks for listening Mix and Hvy.

You know..... there is distortion on the vocal because of a hot preamp..... that's intentional. But I picked up some distortion on the bass while making the master track. That wasn't. I'm still not sure why.... but I re-did it and it is better.

Anyway.... thanks again.

And this same medely was done in 1969 by...... "Cat Mother & The All Night Newsboys"

Kool tune, authentic sounding. not quite enough kick and snare. bring the piano up a touch. A bit of low mid on the guitar to fatten it up a touch. I enjoyed this.

kjam,

Great tune man!:)

I really enjoyed that. I don't think I had heard that song in close to 20 years but it brought back some great memories and I really liked your guitar work on this as well. I don't think the original player had as much of a distorted guitar on it as you did but doing that gave it a nice modern touch.

Was it Sam and Dave who did this tune back in the early 70's?

I think I have it on an old K-tel greatest hits record but can't be bothered to dig it out right now to verify.
:cool:

My only niggle would be to double up the chorus part on the vocals as it was done on the original to fatten up the vox a bit. Otherwise, I really liked it.

Cheers! :)

Thanks for the listen guys. Even you supercritic :)

Ghost..... the only version I'm familiar with is the one in 69 by Cat Mother and The All Night Newsboys. Maybe someone else covered it in the 70's? BTW.... the producer on the 69 version was Hendrix.

Back