Rnp Or Grace 101?

fiveironguy

2 channels on the RNP or the one higher quality channel of the Grace... this preamp will get used for all sorts of things.. I have lots of decent mics... Rode NTK, SHURE SM7, 57's, SM81's ETC. I run into an edirol 101 firewire unit.. I have an RNC and an aphex 207 preamp.

What Harvey said...

I got the same results as Harvey when "shooting out" the 2 side by side in my studio. I'd definitely go with the RNP.

wha????? Thats unbelievable.. If thats true, then reading the mfg specs is total BS- well I wouldn't as the final word. But this is totally blowing my head :eek:

T

Tonio said:
wha????? Thats unbelievable.. If thats true, then reading the mfg specs is total BS- well I wouldn't as the final word. But this is totally blowing my head :eek:

T

You are correct, mfg specs are usually total BS. You ever noticed how many mics have a 20 to 20 freq response? Its almost like they just use generic numbers across the board. Plus the biggest thing is don't read stats, you don't read music(well you can but you know what I mean) you listen to it. And if people like Harvey give advice, listen.

well, yeah I listen to Harvey. The 101 is known for being clean- you would think it would be cleaner than the RNMP??? FMR even says its noisy.
But that doesn't mean the resulting capture is distorted. :cool:

T

Well I'm sure the 101 can stand up against the rnp assuming its not being overloaded. Plus enough people seem to give it positive reviews. I think both pre's could serve their purpose in a studio quite well.

Back