RMGI out of tape?

Roozter

I ordered some new tape from Full Compass and was told RMGI USA is out of stock on 1/2" sm911. I was told the same thing by another company. Anyone hear of anything else being out? Tapes.com told me they had sm468. They at least had that, but maybe just because they hadn't sold it yet.

What's the deal?

Last edited:
The deal is....tape production ain't what it use to be. RMGI and the other couple of manufacturers probably aren't running 3 shifts to keep up with tape "demand" and they probbaly ain't stockpiling it either..... so I guess there's times when they just run out.
Then they make some more.

Yeah I think I read somewhere that there are a few universities that buy up a lot of tape around the end of the year and it means that RMGI usually doesn't have any more to distribute until January or so.

Yeah I think I read somewhere that there are a few universities that buy up a lot of tape around the end of the year and it means that RMGI usually doesn't have any more to distribute until January or so.

That would make sense. I asked around a little more and it was grim, as if RMGI was dead out of everything in their warehouse, and all the online stores had was 2-3 rolls of something other than 911.

Back