Ritchie Blackmore '09 Artist Strat

MiamiMike

Musician - Composer
From the specs (on the Fender website) it's apparently going to be an exact copy of the 1997 CIJ model, which is a configuration that Ritchie himself hasn't played since before that time. Why would Fender not make any attempt to update it to what Ritchie currently uses? Seems that this is maybe a Tribute model more than a Artist Signature model...

http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0139010305

I like the black/white contrast of this Strat and really don't want that to change any, but those Duncan pups are old news. Ritchie has been using Gold Lace Sensors since about 1993. IMO, that's a statement in-and-of itself and shouldn't be ignored. Fender should change the specs to reflect that.

IMO of course. ;)

Has he even picked up an electric guitar in the last 10 years? I would have figured that a Blackmore guitar would be configured like something he was using in the 70's or 80's, when he was playing the stuff that he is still famous for.

From a punter's point of view "signature" would suggest equipment & set up to recreate the signature sound of the "celebrity". That said anything since Rainbow went grey would be silly & , realistically, should reflect the last generally accepted, good purple LP.
I saw Blackmore on a doco a few years back - for the classic album series I think - he wasn't much into playing anything but an ovation acoustic I think.

Back