Rip this MP3...

eraos

Local Spiderman
...apart

http://www.audiostreet.net/artist.aspx?artistid=7190

the song labelled "Tangents"

I know right now that the vocals weren't recorded very well.

My friend Andrew and I recorded this song yesterday. The two of us are playing all the instruments.. so if the timings off, there is somewhat of an excuse.

In case anyone cares:
I played the drums, lead-rhythm guitar, and the last solo.
My friend sang (lead and harmony), played the bass, and played the beginning solo type parts and the second to last solo.

I would like any feedback about the recording and the song itself.

Thanks

drums could come out a little bit, they're being overpowered by everything else. other than that, and the things you already pointed out... it's a cool song. i can't comment on the quality since i'm streaming lofi on dialup. not my kinda thing but it's cool sounding. the vocals are a little boring as far as i can tell.. needs more dynamic maybe? the guy sounds a little scared to let it out, but overall it's not bad.

I think you are right about the drums. I recorded the drums last because originally when we played it, there were no drums.
But i added the drums in this mornign just to see what it'd be like and it added a little something, but I wanted to keep them quiet. I never gave it a second thought.

But, you're right, they're being drowned out. If they're going to be there, they might as well be defined.

Back