'Right' audio not recording properly

DownOnRodeo

I am running PA9, recording with a SBLive card. The audio comes from my synth via a cable with 2 inputs for the Synth's left and right outputs, and one stereo input for the soundcard.

In trackview, when I select 'Right SBLive' to record, the recording plays back not on the right but seems to have been done stereo. The Left field records fine.

Anyone know of something obvious that I've overlooked, or experienced this problem?

Thanks yeah, I forgot to add I had also tested by panning hard right. Still same 'centre' response.

Could the soundcard be faulty? Or is it more likely Cakewalk? I don't think it's the cable. It's all very weird.

What do the tips on either end of the cable connecting the keyboard to the computer look like? stereo or mono?

Are you

attempting to record two separate tracks? I presume you are, and have done.
If you are then trying to set panning position using the console you may have problems.
CWPA9's mixer was notoriously buggy unfortunately. The only thing that ruined a great software. Try setting the values numerically in the tracks pane. That used to work for me.
Perhaps little consolation to you now, but Sonar 2's mixer works fine. 3 months solid daily use and no bugs anywhere at all yet.

Mystery problem solved

Thanks for your help. It's working right now finally.

It must be Cakewalk's buginness like you said, Janic. Cause I had actually been trying to set pan values numerically in trackview, yet when setting it with the slider in console, it worked for the first time in ages. Go figure?! :s Thanks.

Back