Riddling Rhymes

saads

Baka
Haven't posted here for a while, here's a new one. The singer/guitarist wanted me to try some new things, plus this was done super fast, so I'm not sure how it came out. Feed back is, as always, appreciated. :D

EDIT: New mix in the post below.

Attachments

• Riddling Rhymes 2.mp3
    4.7 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I thought the instruments sounded pretty good. The intro was over a minute. Pretty long for a pop song.

The vocal treatment puts it kind of far back in the mix.

Some odd drum programming. Weird fills and busy hats.

Little pop at 2:40 on the left side. Little background sound at 2:58 - not sure what it was. Maybe a stray kick hit.

I think the lead guitar at 3:26 could be turned up maybe 4-5 dbs.

I think the bass could be turned up a couple of dbs throughout.

Thanks for listening TM. I changed it up a bit. The drums aren't programmed, they're real. The intro is a little long I guess, but the song is long too so I guess it works. You were right about the vocals, solo and bass, I fixed those ( I think ). Again, thanks for the input :D

Attachments

• Riddling Rhymes 6.mp3
    5 MB · Views: 2
yeah odd drums but I like them...the snares maybe too high...the fills are a touch out of time at spots, maybe comp the ones that arent and replace the ones that are?

Id maybe compress the vocals a little more or stick a rider on them as they are a little uneven to my ears

good song though...it does sound live...but I like that

thanks for sharing mate :)

This sounds good. The guitars and vocals in particular are well represented here.

The panning on the toms seems really extreme, but that may be an intentional effect there I guess. Yeah, some of the fills seem really rushed.

yeah odd drums but I like them...the snares maybe too high...the fills are a touch out of time at spots, maybe comp the ones that arent and replace the ones that are?

Id maybe compress the vocals a little more or stick a rider on them as they are a little uneven to my ears

good song though...it does sound live...but I like that

thanks for sharing mate :)

Thanks for listening. Did you check the '2' one or the '6' one ? When I put it on again the next day I realized just how loud the snare was so I've turned it down a bit in the second one. The drums on this one were a real bitch. The singer/guitarist wanted me to record them piece by piece. I've never done that before, and in the end I was left with little pieces of the verse, chorus, and some random fills to align with the rest of the song, which took forever. That could be why they sound odd. I think you're right about the vocals, I'll get on that. Again, thanks for the input, always appreciated :D

This sounds good. The guitars and vocals in particular are well represented here.

The panning on the toms seems really extreme, but that may be an intentional effect there I guess. Yeah, some of the fills seem really rushed.

Thanks for the feedback! I was going for an extreme tom sound but you're right, it does seem a little excessive. I'll add that to the now very long list of things needing fixing :D

Back