Revox And Studer - User and Service Manuals

Thanks Kieth! :)

If I ever pick up a Studer A827 deck I'll now be able to know everything about it! :D

umm...once I win the lottery, that is. ;)

Cheers! :)

For a reconditioned Studer A820 in Uk you would be looking at arround £1000 GBP on ebay and anything up to £10,000 from a store.

The 16 and 24 track machinbes are a rare find on ebay and most dont start below £1000

Keith

MCI2424 said:
$9000-12000 give or take.

That's pretty cheap, considering they were several times that amount when originally released. Do you know the MSRP of a factory new A827 ? Those are really nice machines.

lol they cost more than i can afford :D
I did some searching and found that the Studer A820 from new would cost around a HUGE £22,000+ if you bought the machine + the external remote console it would be over £30,000 new.

Keith

cjacek said:
That's pretty cheap, considering they were several times that amount when originally released. Do you know the MSRP of a factory new A827 ? Those are really nice machines.

$38,000 but I got mine for ~$17,000. They were around %50 off when the end came.

Analog is done in history, but, I have 1 new machine to keep history alive.

MCI2424 said:
$38,000 but I got mine for ~$17,000. They were around %50 off when the end came.

Analog is done in history, but, I have 1 new machine to keep history alive.

$17,000 for a brand new A827 is not bad at all. To put it in perspective, you can still order an Otari 1/2" 4 track for $9000. Obviously, I'd prefer the Studer, if they were all 50% off, that is. ;)

It is strange that i have never seen a Revox Machine that can do multi tracks ie: 8 16 24 etc. Only models i have seen have been 2 Track Stereo.

My New Revox A77 is being delivered this friday so i will be like a kid in a toy shop :D

Keith

krhall said:
It is strange that i have never seen a Revox Machine that can do multi tracks ie: 8 16 24 etc. Only models i have seen have been 2 Track Stereo.
That's because most Revox machines were aimed at the audiophile/semi-pro market. Studer was which you should have been looking at for a multitrack, but you probably knew that :P

They did make one model of narrowband multitrack under the Revox brand: the C278 which is a 1/2" 8-track along the lines of the Tascam TSR-8 or Otari 5050-8. I there is also a 1/4" 4-track C274 and of course the stereo C270, supposedly a domestic version of the Studer A807.

Back