9 F$#K THAT NI**A
10 I AIN'T THAT NI**A
11 SKIT
12 I'LL STAY HERE TONIGHT
13 HEAT OF THE NIGHT
14 PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE
15 SKIT
16 RESPECT ME NOW
17 I AIN'T THAT NI**A (SCREWED AND CHOPPED)
18 AIN'T NO HOES IN HERE
19 I WISH A NI**A WOULD
20 BOY STOP
21 IF A NI**A TALK SHIT

This is were everyone that got the CD writes their reviews of the cd..

Last edited:
yo, nice lookin homeboy

nice lookin bknot1, i may have to send some cd's out to the people who frequent this site presently, because out of the 20 cd's i have recently mailed off only you and fieva have really mentioned receiving one. maybe the other guys have moved since DEC, I don't see them posting on this site anymore, so i can't ask them what their current status is.

yeah..alot of the old heads don't post much in here, like the old days..but i feel ya...if you still have their address send a follow up letter askin for them to post a review here or on your site.

i should post my review tomorrow ..im goin to break out the headphones tonight and listen to it and write some stuff down..

jugalo180 said:
nice lookin bknot1, i may have to send some cd's out to the people who frequent this site presently, because out of the 20 cd's i have recently mailed off only you and fieva have really mentioned receiving one. maybe the other guys have moved since DEC, I don't see them posting on this site anymore, so i can't ask them what their current status is.

Jug I never got it, but i just recently sent you the address. I just said I wanted to get it though. If you need the address again hit me on the PM.

Fieva said:
Jug I never got it, but i just recently sent you the address. I just said I wanted to get it though. If you need the address again hit me on the PM.

my bad, i meant gullyjewelz. yeah, i got you fieva, i'll mail yours out tomorrow.

I got the CD a few days ago. I listened to it breifly to and from work the last few days and I had no urge to take it out. There were a few standout tracks, but I can't remember right now which ones. I'll listen to it again on my good system tonight, cuz I'm finally off for a few days. I'll let you know what I think.

-Springfield

my review of the CD..

1 INTRO (Should of been longer)
2 R.E.D.C.R.O.S.S. (To me this is the intro..real hot)*
3 NOT TODAY (Real tight beat, vocals on point..were you talkin bout Huntsville AL:) )*
4 THE TRUTH (I thought the beat could of rolled with the vocals harder)
5 BOUNCE (Being for the N.O. this should have Knocked..)
6 TOUGH TALKIN (Killa GA Click track here)
7 DON'T MAKE ME (I love that Southern Band feel..real tight)*
8 SKIT
9 F$#K THAT NI**A (Beat was hot.vocals were on point)*
10 I AIN'T THAT NI**A (Give it some Knock and you got a club banger here)*
11 SKIT
12 I'LL STAY HERE TONIGHT (It sounds like i have heard this beat b4..its reminds me of a MAC song..just cant remeber which one..but I love this track)**
13 HEAT OF THE NIGHT (Real talk right here)
14 PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE (This is a banger too..add 1 or 2 breakdown and it will be a killa)*
15 SKIT
16 RESPECT ME NOW (I Love this beat..vocals on point)*
17 I AIN'T THAT NI**A (SCREWED AND CHOPPED) (I really thought you should have done a different song..but its ok)
18 AIN'T NO HOES IN HERE (needs more knock)
19 I WISH A NI**A WOULD (Another GA Click track..reminded me of my "B!tch A$$" beat i did with the piano)**
20 BOY STOP (vocals were hot..LJ beat nuff said)
21 IF A NI**A TALK SHIT (A fight track to the tee..LJ beat nuff said)**

I give the cd a 7 out of 10..all the Vocals were on point..i be pumpin this CD in the car all the time from work now..sinc i dont like listen to the radio..
Production is 8 out of 10..real nice feel for each song..

only flaw i really heard is that fact thact in the car some track are missing that thump..thats in the CD, it just need the levels up to be heard...Vocals were clear and a nice level..

overall i think this cd is a nice underground release..and i listen to alot of unknown artist..good job..keep up the good work..stay on your grind...peace

Keep in mind, I can only give feed on the tracks I can listen to off the site, but here goes. I will add the others after I get the CD in the mail.
1. Intro -

2. R.E.D.C.R.O.S.S. - That's a great starter song, gets 'em hyped up and wantin' to keep listenin'

3. Not Today - Lovin' that beats - lyrics are on point as well. Still flowing with the tracklist.

4. The Truth -

5. Bounce - Lyrics were on point - I agree with Bknot, this track should have knocked a little harder and had some things added to it. I wanna say add a cookie cutter 808 section to it and a little more synth. Wasn't feelin' the hook, I thought it was missing a little something.

6. Tough Talkin' -

7. Don't Make Me - Nice dirty South track without "OKAYYYYYYYYYYY" "WHAT?" (I had to say that shit haha) Everybody was on point there and the beat was solid.

8. Skit -

9. F$#k That Ni**a - Damn, that beat made me wanna fight somebody. I didn't hear enough of it to tell if the way the lyrics went was an opening bridge or the first verse. I'll add more to it when I get the CD.

10. I Ain't That Ni**a - I'm still bumpin' this one. Everything was on point here. Everyone stayed on subject and kept shit movin'. That's how that one was supposed to be done. A lil' knock wouldn't hurt but don't add too much.

11. Skit -

12. I'll Stay Here Tonight -

13. Heat Of The Night - I think the first hook could have been mixed a little better. The verses are hittin' for sure. I honestly think that you should switch the hooks and have the female singin' all of 'em. When she was singin' it had an old school No Limit feel to it (like around '97 or '98 before they went soft and sucked)

14. Purpose Of Driven Life -

15. Skit -

16. Respect Me Now -

17. I Ain't That Ni**a (screwed and chopped) -

18. Ain't No Hoes In Here -

19. I Wish A Ni**a Would -

20. Boy Stop - A real banger. This has a Cash Money feel all over it. It's almost like I can hear Mannie's touch on the beat and a Big Tymer hook on it. I know this would bump. The hook was done real nice, verses were hittin'

21. If A Ni**a Talk Shit - Another fight track. If I play this one and F$#k That Ni**a back to back, someone gonna be meetin' an ER room soon and I'ma have a new track cause I write that rough shit when I wanna fight Someone on there sounds kinda like Fiend, Fiend's vocals always got crowds amped up so that was a smart move Bossman.

Last edited:
BEATMAKERS said:
dog you need to holla at me on aim or yahoo. do you havve a soundfont player?

nope, no soundfont player.. I dont be on aim or yahoo anymore-

thanks

Man, you guys have made this cd worth while. I want to say that I REALLY appreciate the time and energy that has been put into these reviews. Bknot1, you have raised the bar in reviews done in this forum. Fieva, you have done what I’ve been hoping other people would do, and that's to go to the webpage and review the songs posted. On some real ish, I want to say that I will not forget about all the people that I build with here on home recording if I am fortunate enough to ink a deal.

Did you send me a copy? I thought I gave u my address.
nah, you didn't give it to me. i have all of the addresses in my PM's. I have you covered, just pm your address.

HOW MUCH IS THE CD JUG my bad RED CROSS
it's free, i'm mailing them out to whoever wants one. pm me your address.

Last edited:
thanks but you did the damn thing...

question you hit any open mic shows in B'more yet..?

they have a few places for you to get a feel from the crowds to see if they feelin what you doing..

and which song are you marketing for the clubs...(if you can hit the strip clubs first...if they jam to it there you know you got a hit on your hands)

I think bknot said it just how it needed to be said. But on the real the comments you got are gettin me more amped while I'm writing new material on my album. I'll have to post the cover I did when I re-edit it. I'm hoping to drop around February '06, but if I finish earlier than that, then I'll push it up.

I think the strip clubs and open mic nights would be good starters for your CD. It's good to test environments where a party element is good and I don't know about ya'll but seein' strippers workin' for dollars gets me in the party mood lol.

bknot1 said:
my review of the CD..

3 NOT TODAY (Real tight beat, vocals on point..were you talkin bout Huntsville AL:) )*

yeah bknot1, that's exactly what i was talking about. you know the big three, Angola Louisiana, Parchman Mississippi, Huntsville Alabama. those are three rough places in my kneck of the woods, or should i say our kneck of the woods. I forgot you were from Alabama.

bknot1 said:
thanks but you did the damn thing...

question you hit any open mic shows in B'more yet..?

they have a few places for you to get a feel from the crowds to see if they feelin what you doing..

and which song are you marketing for the clubs...(if you can hit the strip clubs first...if they jam to it there you know you got a hit on your hands)

i haven't hit up anything in B-more yet. maybe we can collab on something in the future and hit an open mic.

Back