Review of Sytek MPX-4Aii

Just to add.

This is the pre that we used in recording the song I just put in the MP3 clinic "Fly" for all the vocal and acoustic guitar tracks. Just a FYI, if you want to hear it being used.

H2H

Hard2Hear said:
Just to add.

This is the pre that we used in recording the song I just put in the MP3 clinic "Fly" for all the vocal and acoustic guitar tracks. Just a FYI, if you want to hear it being used.

H2H

i listened to it. i found the vocal sounds to be very high quality.

oh yeah, i liked the song and production as well. i'll assume it's ok to post a link with the review.

IMHO, the sytek mpx4a is like the at 4033: You really cant go wrong.

Put it on any source and it'll sound really good. You might be able to find better sound out of diff preamps, but its a sure "go-to" pre if you need one.

I'm going to Palatine (Sytek headquarters) Friday afternoon to pick one of these bad-boys up.

One of the few gear purchases of it's kind where I haven't actually auditioned it before purchasing. I've heard enough about it from enough trusted sources to where I don't feel it's even necessary. Like the RNP or shure 57, it seems to enjoy the status of "audio no-brainer."

I figure at the very least I'll have some peace of mind that I'm kicking things up, even if it's a small notch.

Thanks for posting the review.

CyanJaguar said:
IMHO, the sytek mpx4a is like the at 4033: You really cant go wrong.

Put it on any source and it'll sound really good. You might be able to find better sound out of diff preamps, but its a sure "go-to" pre if you need one.

I've never used one but judging by the variety of material I've heard recorded through one I think that it does well with different sources and musical styles.

steve
www.mojopie.com

I finally got to use mine for a real project last night. It's really a step up from my Mackie pres. Love it.

Back