review my recording

Raoul

Hello to evryone! it's been almost 2 years since I visited here. I've been preoccupied with my line of work which is Graphic design. I've made some recordings last January of 2002. It's just a jam session with my 14 y.o. nephew using his old Korg T3 keyboards in replacement for the Drums. I've recorded it using tascam 414 Mk II portastudio. Recorded the guitars a month later using Audio technica mics and transferred it to my Computer for mixing. No bass guitars recorded. I decided not to rerecord nor edit it because it is very special to me and I had a major anxiety of redoing it because I was afraid I wont be able to recapture the feel. So enjoy it as it is! Comments are appreciated!

here is the link:
http://www.mp3.com/Raoul_Borbe

Hello, Raoul

listened to both of your tunes, really dig the guitar tone and playing. The first song had a few clippings, sounds like they are coming out of the guitar tracks, unless you can turn the gain down on them, I don't think they can be easily restored without retracking.

VHLR can probably use some double tracking for the rhythm guitar, or at least pan it to one side, and put a short delay on it and pan it to the other side to achieve a wider stereo image. Anyway, very good performance on both of them!!

btw, I'm a graphic design student, how do you like the field?:)

Al

Thanks for the comments A1A2, but I don't think I'll be able to do the retracking coz I'm just doing it on my spare time. Actually those songs are my first attempt in doing home recording. I really enjoyed these kinda stuff (guitars and recording) but It's very hard to survive here with this field. How about you which profession will you choose? Here are some of my works in Graphic Design. It is not a scanned picture or photo. The illustration is 100% done in photoshop.

Raoul,

great job on that yamaha guitar, have you been to photoshopcafe.com? it's a cool community with lots of helpful folks.

since i'm still a student, I haven't decided exactly which profession I wanna get into yet. Probably something related to multimedia since I enjoy music as much as art/designing. So, are you a freelancer or working for companies? Is it stressful since you seem pretty busy with work? do you like what you do?

sorry for all these questions, I am still trying to get a feel of the field:)

Al

A1A2,

Yes, I'm a member of Photoshopcafe, infact Mr. Collin Smith is the one who inspired me to do an illustration of my guitar. Upon seeing his work, I said to myself, "Dang, I can do that!" (lol). Well anyway, those guys are cool, some of them are DT (Dream Theater) fans and I think they are planning a project band for PSC members. (maybe they'll include me as their guitarist)..lol

yes, i think you should go for multimedia to get the best of both worlds. I am working as a Graphic artist for a company, I also do freelance work and I also have my own bussiness (Internet Cafe). But what I like best is my guitar and my music!

Raoul

Back