Reverbs, Reverbs, Reverbs

Double

I recentley purchased a Tascam 2488 and would like to add a outboard processor or two (2). I need them just for Reverbs and Delays. Not to expensive of course, but decent sounding. If any of you have any suggestions or are happy with yours please let me know.
I would also like to purchase a Multi FX unit for recording just guitar. I'm not into alot effects or heavy distortion just good basic amp sounds. I have heard alot good things about Vox and "The Pod". Again if anyone has any of these or has a good suggestion I would greatful. TWANG

Last edited:
TC Electronic M300 sounds great. Somewhat limited programmability but I think it sounds better than processors that cost much more.

It depends on how much you are able to spend. For reverbs on a budget you cannot do better than the Kurzweil Rumour. Those run about $500 street price.

As far as the guitar processor, I did a show a while back with a guy who used a processor made by Boss and it sounded great. It was one of those big units that sits on the floor and has multiple switches and controls. Sounded excellent, but I can't remember the exact model number, sorry.

Pods are useful for that as well.

I also have the TC M300 and am very impressed with the reverbs as a singer.

It's reputed, however, to have a sizable delay time when you're changing patches so you may want to factor that in if you're doing any live work.

I think of "budget" in home recording as under $200, but if you can swing the
Rumour it's supposed to be awesome! (IMHO the M300 is very nice though)

Chris

I kind of think of budget as anything under $1,000, or under $500 at the very least. There are very few pieces of gear with a *new* street price under $200 that are worth owning. I know because I've bought a lot of them!

That said, the TC M300 is a decent buy if $200 is the limit, although there's no question the Rumour is a world apart.

As far as delays, an inexpensive box that comes to mind is the Line 6 Echo Pro. I had one of those for a while and liked it. I replaced it with the Kurzweil Mangler, which is more editable, but the Echo Pro does some cool stuff.

i believe the Echo Pro's are considerably cheaper now. I heard they have been discontinued. Also, anopther decent cheap verb is the TC M1. It has excellent editing options and routability for a multi FX box in its price range.

Yes, the TC M-One is a good box, although I think the M1-XL is far better and not that much more money. The reverbs are better in the XL version. The D-Two delay box is nice too. I had one of those for a while as well!

I just got a 20% discounted rack demo TC M300 a couple weeks ago. I bought it mainly for live vocals, but one thing I really liked about it was the SPDIF IN and OUT allowing me to use it as an effects insert into my audiophile 2496. So far it's working great.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I would like to spend around the $500 mark. It does not have to change setting on the fly or have alot of programablity. All I need is just a quiet unit that has a couple of good sounding reverbs for vocals, drums and maybe a spring reverb setting if possible. If any of you have any suggestions on older equipment that maybe bought used let me know. Many Thanks

I 2nd the nomination for the M300!

For $500 I would also recommend the LEX MPX500! Another fine unit!

if you want a spring reverb setting just get a spring reverb:

here is a perfectly decent one: http://www.musicgoround.com/gear/inventorydetails.asp?id=261636

it wont be "quiet" though. but its a friggin spring so you prolly should expect that.

Ok so that is $50 furman rv-1 for effect verbs.

then the TC300 for $150 for basic verbs.

then i think you should get either a yamaha e1010 or an ibanez ad202 or equivalent. $100-$125 or so. for your analog delay.

and if you like delays this one too!
http://www.musicgoround.com/gear/inventorydetails.asp?id=263163

$60 for an effectron III your digital delay.

now you will friggin rock. between all that stuff you will get some pretty tasty effects for under $500 for it all.

Back