Reverb?

StudioRecorder

Hello,

I'm running a G4 733 with OS9 and the ProTools LE Factory.

The Reverb plugin that came with the Factory Bundle doesn't do it for me, it's called D-verb. So I was thinking of maybe getting a new plugin reverb or maybe even a outboard reverb like a Lexicon one.

I'm looking for extremely short Reverbration settings, something that'll get me true early reflections and nice room reverbs. I'm not looking for any lush church reverbs. And this is where the D-verb doesn't quite measure up with my demands.

Do you have any suggestions on Pro Tools Plugins that will work with the setup I'm running? I'm also interested in outboardgear.

Thanks!

You didn't say what your budget is, but it sounds like what you could really use is a Quantec Room Simulator. (Warning: not cheap).

I've got a TDM system, and my favorite reverb plugins are the ReverbOne and the TC MegaReverb. Some people like Renaissance Reverb but I prefer the other two. I have no idea if either works on an LE system.

Reverb is one of those areas where usually hardware still outshines the software. Chances are a $1000 box will beat most plug-ins.

I still cheat and use reverb plug-ins a lot for the automation and recallability.

Back