Reverb settings for VF80.....advice needed.

Guitar Jim

When I listen to my recordings that I make on my VF80, before I add any effects, I like what I hear; the sound quality satisfies me. I record live to 2 tracks using 2 Studio projects B1 mics for a stereo recording. I sing and play acoustic lap slide guitar. I do no overdubbing.
All I would like to do is add a very small amount of reverb.
So far I have found that despite whatever type of reverb and reverb settings I try to use, some of the nice sound qualities of the initial dry recording are somewhat diminished when the reverb is applied.
Can anyone suggest a reverb type and settings that would particularly suit a live vocal/ acoustic guitar recording on the VF80? Hopefully something that would maintain the desirable sound qualities that can be heard in a dry recording.
Thanks.

I own a VF160 but think I can be of some help. First of all the reverb on the Fostex units is not great, it sounds a bit metallic to me. I always use an outboard reverb (Lexicon). But the main issue here: if you are satisfied with your sound, why apply reverb in the first place?? Don't fix something that ain't broken. A good sounding room, which you appear to have, probably will give you the necessary reverb/echo anyway, without the extra artificial sounding VF-effects.
Only trust your ears, not your machine.
Cheers,
Gomp

Back