Reverb pedals?

blipndub

So I was pretty happy with the Digitech XP400 "Reverberator" until I plugged in the wrong power supply and totally cooked the poor thing, no signal, nuthin.

So suddenly I guess I'm in the market for a reverb unit. Don't like the sound of the Boss pedal, too harsh, but what do other people like? I'm considering the Holy Grail, but it doesn't offer ambient settings that i rather enjoy...

The wrong power supply...

I didn't think these kinds of things were supposed to happen. I've got a whole heap of unrecognizable power supplies that I used to just mix and mach until one worked! I've since labled them all, but I still thougt most devices had some sort of control to prevent a fry-off.

Sorry about your loss Bliq - I would recommend something, but none of my guitar effects are woth recommending.

Vurt said:
The wrong power supply...

I didn't think these kinds of things were supposed to happen.

Sorry about your loss Bliq - I would recommend something, but none of my guitar effects are woth recommending.

Amen brother (except maybe my Rat).

This pedal was the only one that it really seemed to matter. I got one of those Godlyke multi-jack power supplies and as i was switching power supplies around i accidently put the power supply from my Akai Headrush into the Reverb. I didn't know it until I smelled it. Kind of scary considering the miles of cords and cables i've got running around my studio. Maybe i should see if i can fix it.

The Electro Harmonix Holy Grail pedal received great reviews in the magazines and I've heard nothing but positive comments about it. Definitely check it out.

My old amp doesn't have a reverb, so I've always just used a delay (Dan Echo) with only about 4 or 5 really fast repeats. It works pretty good.

My friend has a holy grail reverb....I haven't used it but when he plays it sounds good...and he likes it...soooo.........ya

anyway...I think the is a Holier Grail reverb out. More controls like you wanted. Most EletroHarmix stuff has the $100 model and the $200 model. Just letting you know since you sound like you are into the good stuff.

yeah that's true about the EH stuff, like the delay modular prolly can do all that shit n' more, but you pay.

Back