Resources

VSpaceBoy

..loading
I've been running 512mb ram on my dedicated machine for a few years with no problems at all. Now that I'm recording and mixing my full band, I'm running low on resources and Cubase is acting up. I bought a 1g stick yesterday and am now running 1.25g of ram, but that didn't change a thing. :confused:

Where does Cubase use resources from if not ram? I already have the pc's services stripped down to nothing etc... what else can I do?

Thanks!

Agent47 said:
Hi, I've been looking for a guide on cubase.net that I KNOW is on there somewhere, which lists all the tweaks for a well-functioning Cubase on the PC. Can't find the bugger, it used to be a sticky but seems to have disappeared.

In the absence of that, this might be of some use to you:

http://www.steinberg.de/547_1.html

A47.
Thanks, that does help some.

Check your HD for enough space and defrag it. [Also check if it's in Ultra DMA mode, it probably is, but have a look anyway]. Record without any plugins. Turn antivirus off.

I may be off base here, but in your first post are you saying that you have a 1gb stick and a 512mb stick in there at the same time? If so (and somebody please correct me if I'm wrong), I think that may have something to do with why your machine is not showing any signs of improvement. I always thought (again, please correct...) that any extra sticks of RAM always had to be matched pairs or they wouldn't run correctly and perhaps could even make the system crash...

pikingrin said:
I may be off base here, but in your first post are you saying that you have a 1gb stick and a 512mb stick in there at the same time? If so (and somebody please correct me if I'm wrong), I think that may have something to do with why your machine is not showing any signs of improvement. I always thought (again, please correct...) that any extra sticks of RAM always had to be matched pairs or they wouldn't run correctly and perhaps could even make the system crash...

I had 512, then took out a 256 and put back in a 1 gig. So now have 1.25g.

and yes, you can mismatch ram. Up until around the mid-late ninties you had to keep ram stick matched, but not these days.

Thanks for you post though.

TheTrickster said:
Check your HD for enough space and defrag it. [Also check if it's in Ultra DMA mode, it probably is, but have a look anyway]. Record without any plugins. Turn antivirus off.

I'll check that.. thanks

Back