Required Reading

MONTE

Newbies,
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE
Use the search function before you post. Please also respond with a simple OK to keep this at the top.

I was brought to this stupid thread by SEARCH looking for you, Monte... and now you want me to SEARCH for more...? :mad:

Okay... I'll search.:eek: :D

Fella's,
Im not trying to piss anyone off here nor do I think I'm God. I just thought maybe I wasn't the only one sick of seeing the same questions over and over when I click the "view new posts" thingy. Sorry if I offended anyone.

It's not that big of a fucking deal, and anyway, a lot of the questions from Newbies aren't exactly the same. I agree that peoople should use the search function instead of taking the lazy route, but shit, we've all been guilty of it at one time or another. I'm far more pissed when someone responds by saying "Use the fucking search function". At least throw in a chewey and suggest using search.

Over three years I have been posting here. I have seen just about every type of question, and have answered the same questions over and over again and again and again and again.......you know the drill.

If you don't like the redundentcy, go elsewhere. Really. Posting something asking/telling "newbies" to use the search function is just a way to increase your post count. Few are going to read it, and if they do, they will not usually heed your "advice". This BBS thrives because people actually GET responses to their questions (usually). Many of the simple "newbie" questions I see here would be wholly ignored or ridiculed on other recording based BBS's.

Again, if you don't like how it works here and the constant influx of of "newbies" and the same questions asked over and over again, go elsewhere. There are I am sure other BBS's where you would not have to put up with such rubbish. :)

Peace.

Ed

Im going to agree with Ed on this. Maybe back before I was a member the number of posts at this bbs was small enough where the search button worked great. But since Ive been here Ive learned that if I want an answer or advice, that sorting through 20 pages of posts that may not even deal with my specific question is not helpful. I know it can be frustrating, but Newbies will become dedicated members if they are treated with respect. How would you like like it if showed up to a restaurant and the waitress says to you "you need to outside to read the menu, then you can come in after you've figured out what you want. We can't waste our time by being patient! Im still a newbie myself?

SoMm

Christ!...I had no idea I would piss off so many people. I'm not hackin' on newbies and I thoutht my post was polite. I didn't say "Hey Dumbasses, use the search function". When I first came here I asked a question that had been answered a billion times because I didn't see or think about using the search button. All I was trying to do was save everyone some time and hassle and make a simple point to new members like myself. It was meant as help, not a slam! Not to worry, I won't make suggestions to anyone on this BBS again! I have learned my lesson! And, Ed you don't have to be such an ass about it. You can state your opinion without telling me to get the %^$# out! If I leave this BBS it won't be because of newbies asking for help. It will be because of condescending people like yourself! I would, however, like to thank you for giving me the incentive to find out how the ignore list works.

The thread was gone...
So I'll update here, to forwarding the spirit of MONTE's. :)

The thread about to inform newbies -to suply their question with enough info about their subject. Just like what's their PC spec, what's their soundcard, what's their OS, etc, etc... - was gone.

Well, newbies that's all we need to ask. Proper -well suplied info- question will be responded quicker and accurate than the one with less clue.

"I have a keyboard, and it doesn't sound, what's wrong ?"

See ? how could you answer that ? The question leads to those post counter hungry guys to increase theirs.

And yes, I love you MONTE. And specially you Ed...;)

SPINSTERWUN said:
Newbies, ask as many questions as you want.

This is the newbies forum. :rolleyes:

BTW....

If you are a newbie check out this link.....

http://www.studiocovers.com/articles.htm

:D

peace.....

Hah hah hah! I was gonna start a thread about StudioCovers telling all newbies to read every article in there! I did a search to find out if anbody beat me to it - what do you know? The search came up with nothing!!!! I wandered in here by chance! Kind of ironic don't you think?

Anyway, there should be a thread dedicated to promoting StudioCovers. The articles are great! I just came across it; it's a must for all newbies.

MONTE said:
Christ!...I had no idea I would piss off so many people. I'm not hackin' on newbies and I thoutht my post was polite. I didn't say "Hey Dumbasses, use the search function". When I first came here I asked a question that had been answered a billion times because I didn't see or think about using the search button. All I was trying to do was save everyone some time and hassle and make a simple point to new members like myself. It was meant as help, not a slam! Not to worry, I won't make suggestions to anyone on this BBS again! I have learned my lesson! And, Ed you don't have to be such an ass about it. You can state your opinion without telling me to get the %^$# out! If I leave this BBS it won't be because of newbies asking for help. It will be because of condescending people like yourself! I would, however, like to thank you for giving me the incentive to find out how the ignore list works.

:rolleyes: :mad: :( There is always one in a crowd! Oh well, if I called MONTE a stupid jackass fool, he will never see it now....:D

Peace out bro! You haven't seen anything CLOSE to me being an ass in this thread! I told you exactly how it is here. Sorry I had to be the one that said it in such frank terms, but I don't take back a single word of it, and certainly I was not "trying" to be an ass. But if you thought so, well, sorry.

The fact is that this stupid thread "encouraging" newbies to use the search function is as redundant as the newbie questions are. I have seen several of them over my three years here. So MONTE, you are just as quilty for not using the search function as any newbie posting a question that has been asked a million times here. If YOU used the search function concerning this type of thread, then you would have seen that MANY threads JUST LIKE THIS ONE have been started! And so now I am an ass for telling you how it is right?

I will not be nice when I say...............get a fucking life asshole!

Ed

hey i didn't think anything special about this thread and the person who started it (couldn't care less), but ...sonusman, I think you did overreact..Sorry man but thats what i think..and that thing about getting the postcount up is pretty much nonsense..there are easier ways to get those numbers up ;) ...but I am , however, neutral in all this ;)

In fact, I think MONTE gave us all the chance to get the "numbers" up by "simply replying with 'OK'" to his thread :D

Back