REQ:Case and Power Supply?

CounterToAttack

Ooo Gromits..

I been buying up things and the last thing i need now is an ATX case with a relevent power supply. Ive been looking around like a mad man but AMD's power page is completely out of date and my heads full of strange words. SO could peeps suggest relatively inexpensive cases with a relevent power supply for my current setup ->

AMD athlon 1.2Ghz Thunderbird
ELITE K7S5A mother board (5 Pci slots, 1 agp, 1 amr slot)
256Mb P133 Ram
Matrox Millenium G400 Graphics card
Delta 66 + Omni i/o (one day soon)
Ricoh CD-R/RW
3gb *cough* HDD

i shall be most grateful as ever

RiCHaRD

I bought an Antec black tower PP303x 300w PS... 4 fans.. pleanty of room to work inside.. the side pulls right off with a handle.. NO SCREWS-- $86 for an awsome case.. goto www.pricewatch.com and investigate

I wouldn't buy 250W power supply unit. Generally - more, the better. My suggestion - 300W MINIMUM. Imagine that you might be connecting different devices which would draw their power from computer (like, for example SeaSound Solo does)?
If space permits go for medium size case. More space > more air flow > better colling. You may end up having less fans inside, which means less noise. Besides, they are easier to work inside.
My 1.9 cents.

thanx guys..

i think ill go with the 300w supply as im not buying a highly reputable power supply (enermax, antec) and as i understand it, it may say 300w but it could be a bit less cause its cheapy..

Richard

Back