Replacing Echo Mia suggestions

Dweezil

Have just bought new computer. In old one I had installed Creative Soundblaster for its midi port and Echo Mia for recording input. Is there a reasonably price soundcard out there which also has midi input so I can kill two birds with one stone and just install one additional soundcard in new computer to simplify things? Price range up to $100 or slightly more if need be.
Cheers

Have just bought new computer. In old one I had installed Creative Soundblaster for its midi port and Echo Mia for recording input. Is there a reasonably price soundcard out there which also has midi input so I can kill two birds with one stone and just install one additional soundcard in new computer to simplify things? Price range up to $100 or slightly more if need be.
Cheers

hi,
seems as though what you have is pretty good, ....unless you've run out of PCI slots or somethin'.....or your current recording skills supersede the qualities of the Mia.:):confused::)
For the price, you'll have to do some serious looking, I'd imagine (?).

The Mia is an EXCELLENT card. You're not going to find anything at a low price range that'll bowl you over.

Ditch the Blaster.

If you want to use midi, just get a USB midi interface (I've used a MidisportUSB 2x2 for years in multiple daws).

If you want to use soundfonts, use the free SFZ soundfont vsti from rgcaudio.com (Using sfz with soundfonts on a REAL 24-bit card like the Mia is FAR better than using the Blaster...)

Thanks

Thanks for your comments. I haven't heard of the USB midi interface . I have usb ports a plenty on new computer and sounds an easy way to go. I'll stick with Mia and have a spare PCI slot to stick it in.
Cheers and thanks

Back