renting recording gear in chicago

erichenryus

Anyone know anywhere that you can rent top end outboard gear (and mics) for recording projects in Chicago area?

I'm considering an upgrade in the preamp/compressor area but it sure would be nice to rent some stuff first to find out what works best in my environment.

I don't think I'll be able to tell by just trying it out in the store. I'd like to get the stuff in my environment and run some tests.

Let me know if you find anything. Only place I know of is Andy's Music on Belmont (and Western).

To my knowlege, they don't really rent out anything too high-endish, other than a few comps and reverbs.

Chessrock,
I am looking to join a band temperorily in chicago....been playing guitar for more than 20 years. Got any leads man? I been out of the live music scene for awhile,,..

thanks.

I've been looking for a place to rent some good processors in Phoenix with no luck. I can get all sorts of live audio and video gear but no studio stuff. It sucks. In LA or NY you can rent a rack full of killer pres and comps.

wonder if there's no market for it here or just no one interested in marketing it? hmmmmm? TexRoadKill, what's the name of the place in LA or NY where you rent them.

erichenryus said:
wonder if there's no market for it here or just no one interested in marketing it? hmmmmm? TexRoadKill, what's the name of the place in LA or NY where you rent them.

Walk out on sunset blvd and throw a rock.

I don't rent from there now because the shipping would kill the budget. Search on google and there are a lot of them.

I was considering trying to do that here but I don't know if it would really sell. I am the only registered Radar studio in AZ on their official website and I list it as available for rent. I have never received one call or email on it. I'm going to put up a website when I've finished these first demo projects I'm doing and I'll probably look into the studio rental market a bit further.

I know there is someone in Chi town who is renting stuff cause when I was down at Studio Chicago, a guy came in with an updated list of rental stuff for the owner. Maybe you can call them and ask where they rent stuff. www.studiochicago.com

Back