Removing/taming vocal plosives

gummblefish

Twitchy Wanker
This is really a follow up post to one i wrote yesterday entitled "Live Recording"
I have taken the advice that was given to me and rather accepted that it is not really possible with the time, equipment and my expertise to clean up the recordings to a high level. I have worked with them and they are certainly 100% better than they were "raw". There are one or two sections that grate on me such as plosives in the mic. I have tried removing these with gain staging and reduction and tried a limiter on them. Has anyone a tried and tested way of helping with the taming of these? Or is this another case of after the moment sound engineering that will not work? Thanks.

Last edited:
roll off the lows a bit and draw volume automation in there. You can see when the plosive hits, just draw a quick dip there so it sounds weaker at that moment.

Thanks alot guys. Kudos and rep points all round. Except you southside, i cant give you any more until i spread the wealth as huey Long would have said. But then Huey ~Long was shot in the back... :mad:

gummblefish said:
Thanks alot guys. Kudos and rep points all round. Except you southside, i cant give you any more until i spread the wealth as huey Long would have said. But then Huey ~Long was shot in the back... :mad:
True, but then he wouldn't have Professor Longhair and Mac Rebenac singing all about him :D.

Don't worry about the points, all I did was agree with Benny. No biggie. You just got me yesterday anyway.

G.

Back