Remove guitar from a song

That would be like trying to remove a single egg from a cake after its already baked.

Well I didn't mean to remove entirely, just enough so when I record my guitar over it the original guitar isn't noticeable

Last edited:
I've had a look and the guitar is swamped in stereo effects so the usual techniques leave an amazingly loud ghost image which frankly is a mess. It's just too processed. The analogy of removing one egg in this instance is dead on the money. Impossible to remove enough to use. However, the track is what - synth, bass and wild drums - there's not that much going on apart from the crazy drummer!

Maybe try THIS UK site.

I have used it a few times. You can download individual tracks for mixing yourself, or version without guitar or drums. Costs like $3 to have all instruments on separate tracks. Just a matter of whether they have a the style of/or the song you want. Click on the mixer icon on the right to see what individual tracks are available for each song.

Hope this helps ya. :)

Attachments

• Karaoke Version.JPG
    Karaoke Version.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 84
Well I didn't mean to remove entirely, just enough so when I record my guitar over it the original guitar isn't noticeable

Learn this: computers aren't magic...well not yet anyway.

There is a moving voltage for the left channel and a moving voltage for the right channel.
Everything is all in there. The instruments are not separated.
If an instrument was a pure tone, it could be eq'ed out. Instruments are not pure tones.
It can't just be 'unmixed'.

stock-vector-seismogram-for-seismic-measurement-record-on-chart-of-earthquake-wave-on-graph-paper-stereo-81040540.jpg

Back