Remote Desktop?

reshp1

Hey guys, I posted a while back about the Frontier Designs Tranzport and someone suggested I look into remote desktop for Windows XP Pro, so I could control my DAW using my laptop. Unfortunately, my DAW only has the Home addition, so that's a no go. Does anyone know of any third party programs that do remote desktop? I wish I could afford the Tranzport, but right now that's not an option.

Fucking hell, those programs are expensive as the Tranzport. Doesn't look like there'll be a poor man's way outta not having to run back and forth between my DAW and the basement. :(

2nd vote for VNC. Used to use it on NT and 2000 networks to fix simple user related problems. It is kinda slow, but the speed is pretty much relative to your network congestion.

Nice, thanks for the link. I don't think speed will be an issue. I just need to hit stop play or record.

Also look into Simple Desktop. It's free! I had the same problem you did - My laptop was XP Pro but my desktop which I wanted to remote in to only had XP Home.

Don't have a link handy, but Google should turn it up. Let me know if you have trouble finding it or need any other help. Good luck!

Any of the VNC programs.

But it is going to be delayed.
The more graphics the longer it takes to refresh the display.

HELLZ YEAH. I got the UltraVNC working! Pretty fucking sweet, WAY better than the Tranzport, since now it's like I'm sitting in front of the DAW from anywhere. Neglible delay, I mean I wouldn't play a first person shooter or anything over it, but for remote DAW control, it works just fine. Thanks guys.

Back