remixing

homerecording

this is probably going to sound silly to some because i'm only new at this but here goes.i have n-track software and i was wondering if someone could tell me how you can remix songs from audio cds and record them back onto a blank cd after the final mixdown,i'm interested in doing such things as making the song go faster or slowing it down plus being able to add special effects and lengthen them.a step by step explanation would be good as i get easily confused.i know i have asked a lot of questions but your patients and help would very much be appreciated.
thanks nick(a newbie)

First, that's not really "remixing" since you're not really "mixing" anything. "Mastering" might be a term you're looking for...maybe..."Sampling" perhaps.

Anyway, n-Track is only part of what you want. n-Track is a multitrack recording package. You'll need a wave editor to apply pitch-style effects (effecting song length/speed and whatnot). The latest build of n-Track includes a Pitch DX plugin, but there's no reason to use realtime effects for pitch modification.

Use n-Track to lay samples on top of samples. That's what "multitracking" is all about. If you want to do any type of "remastering" then n-Track is very limited and you'll need a seperate wav editor. You might want to look into something like CoolEdit.

Slackmaster 2000

Back