Remixes

onlydude

Sup, thought this would be the perfect to ask this question. My question is about remixes. I thought I'd be a great experiment for me to start trying to remixing songs. Taking the vocals from dfferent songs and putting them on my beats. I am wondering where I get the vocals for this? Also what are the copyright laws on stuff like this? What are my limatations? Also what would a good program to mix the vocals with the beats? Thanks for the help!

Well, you can get acapellas on the net. For copyrights, as long as you don't sell the tracks and just use it for fun and to play in clubs and Dj, it's cool. If you are going to sell the tracks, contact the company. It's better safe then sorry. But, if you're just putting vocals on your beats, no problem. It's like a DJ mixing an acapella on another beat. Do it just to show, not sell...

If you get good at remixing. Get a DJ to play your tracks. That's how Dark Child got discovered...

any sites you recommend or that you get them off of? I really got this idea and was inspired to try by the hate it or love it remix offa your soundclick site lol. thats some tight shit.

Also ask your local dj's. They are usually on mailing list for record companies. And believe it or not these companies still send out wax singles. These singles usually have acapellas on'em. I This way serves double purpose, because you can begin to establish a relationship with with a DJ who will play your remixes. .....But know that you must make the remix HOT. I mean it's gotta be CRACK. Being a former dj myself, you get a lot of garbage, and people really expect you to play it. But if your remixes are fire, then you have a huge promotional opportunity for yourself to get some recognition by radio, rappers in your city (who want to buy beatz) and even A/R's.

i would also send some of your remixes to the radio stations as they have more room to play stuff like that and get it heard as well

Back