Remixed: "Calling on You"

eyema_believer

Bondservant
http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=14901

OK!!
Thanks to all who made suggestions!
Lets see....
I added lots o guitars....
Reamped the ones that were there.... too funny reamping a mesa thru a Line 6 plugin :rolleyes:
Re-recorded vocals on verses....
Added a low harmony part....
Did my best Tommy Shaw impression on the "outro." ( I love that guy )
EQed the snare a bit ... ( or more )
Redid the lead line before the bridge, added vocal harmony to bridge.

OK.... what did I miss??? :D

Peace!!

~Shawn

MUCH meatier but (don't shoot me) not as Shawn sounding as the original. The guitars are cool but not as individually yours.
A major rework & I think it'll please a lot of those who offered suggestions.
The extra harmony is subtly blended.
I like the sound blend you've constructed at 3.05.
The outro singing is much more in keeping with the theme.
Nice work Shawn - you've created a good one.

I hear you've brought up the lead...you could still let it rip louder in the solos! Louder! Louder!!;)

The back vox are great!! Gives the song added emotion!

Just had a listen to the first mix. This remix definitely has a surge of energy..Intro guits meatier as rayc said...drums more out there...back vox emotion...

The mix is a bit muddy in places though...mainly during chorus where everything comes together.(rhythm guits perhaps?) I, myself, still haven't mastered the skill of managing, all those high powered energy levels, coming together at the mix-crossroads...I don't know how RAMI, WhiteStrat and GregL do that so well...especially with all that energy they record!!!

You've done an excellent job, Believer. Those muddied places I am hearing, are probably just my muddy ears acting up!:D

Listening as I type this, Shawn. Much better in my opinion. No nits worth mentioning.

The muddiness is not an issue as I hear it. There was one phrase I couldn't understand in the beginning, but the next listen will tell the tale of that.

I like the vocals much better. You've taken the time to retrack right on the notes. Your style of vocals is a little laid back, which gives you a little sonic license to sway around a note, but I didn't notice much pitchyness.

The added harmony blends in very well. I like the snare better.

A much improved track overall. Nearly radio ready, but the extra yard needed is probably beyond my meager suggestions.

Well done.:)

MUCH meatier but (don't shoot me) not as Shawn sounding as the original. The guitars are cool but not as individually yours.
A major rework & I think it'll please a lot of those who offered suggestions.
The extra harmony is subtly blended.
I like the sound blend you've constructed at 3.05.
The outro singing is much more in keeping with the theme.
Nice work Shawn - you've created a good one.

Thanks for the listen and the props, rayc!

I hear you've brought up the lead...you could still let it rip louder in the solos! Louder! Louder!!;)

The back vox are great!! Gives the song added emotion!

Just had a listen to the first mix. This remix definitely has a surge of energy..Intro guits meatier as rayc said...drums more out there...back vox emotion...

The mix is a bit muddy in places though...mainly during chorus where everything comes together.(rhythm guits perhaps?) I, myself, still haven't mastered the skill of managing, all those high powered energy levels, coming together at the mix-crossroads...I don't know how RAMI, WhiteStrat and GregL do that so well...especially with all that energy they record!!!

You've done an excellent job, Believer. Those muddied places I am hearing, are probably just my muddy ears acting up!:D

Thanks for the feedback True!
No True, I'm quite sure you're hearing things correctly. I guess I'm gonna hafta go a'carvin' away at some frequencies, and make room for all that stuff :o

Peace!

~Shawn

Listening as I type this, Shawn. Much better in my opinion. No nits worth mentioning.

The muddiness is not an issue as I hear it. There was one phrase I couldn't understand in the beginning, but the next listen will tell the tale of that.

I like the vocals much better. You've taken the time to retrack right on the notes. Your style of vocals is a little laid back, which gives you a little sonic license to sway around a note, but I didn't notice much pitchyness.

The added harmony blends in very well. I like the snare better.

A much improved track overall. Nearly radio ready, but the extra yard needed is probably beyond my meager suggestions.

Well done.:)

Thanks for the feedback, Wig!!

Rocks a lot better now , Shawn!
Nice guitar sound, great vocal harmonies in the chorus now.
Vox climaxes nicely at the end, that's the way, bro';)

Cheers
Joe

I missed v1.0 but this is well done! Nice and meaty... The vocal harmonies are smooth indeed, I bet that one harmony part in the punch phrases in the verses would even be well-served... The lead could push harder, maybe just adding some edge to the EQ on it...

I've been considering writing some praise/worship music, this might nudge me further in that direction... :) (the stuff I do in church is more pop-oriented, but this tune was a ton of fun!)

Cheers,
Phil

Back