Reinstall blues

maestrotee

My HD crashed on Friday and the nice people at the Apple store were able to replace the drive. I started to reinstall Cubase Elements 6 and the service center is telling me the verification code is already assigned to another user. Me! I still have the receipt from October to prove it! Apparently I need an elicense number? I have tried to contact Steinberg but the impression is that they don't want to be contacted. Is there anything I can do? I own this license for heaven's sake. What do I do? Rebuy the program?!

I think you need to run Elicenser on the new computer, get the new license code, then request another activation code from Steinberg. It's been awhile since I had to do this, but it is something like that. You could easily get a more direct answer from the steinberg.net forums.

Something like THIS.

Can't you get it again by logging into your stienberg account? It's been such a long time since I have installed cubase LE on my machine. I stuck the licence on a dongle though.

I can't offer help on the current dilemma but I would recommend that you run a program like Norton Ghost or Carbon Copy Cloner once you get the new system installed. Imaging fresh installs with these programs goes a long way to ensure an easy reinstall if your HDD crashes. You can even program CCC to be incremental when backing up the image so you can reinstall to the last saved state.

Hope that helps.

Cheers :)

I agree with Mo Facta. Get another hard drive and setup time capsule.

If you had time capsule and your system drive went down, it would be 2 hours tops before you were back to where you were. No re installing anything.

Back