Registering with Steinberg

EZWriter

Anybody else had this problem? I've been trying to register with Steinberg for a week. I go through the rigamarole on their registration page, then when I type in the security code it loops me back and tells me I put the code in wrong. The thing is (and this is rather nifty in a Twilight Zone, Catch-22 sort of way) that you can't E-mail them unless you are registered...

So after a week of this on again off again I found an email address on their site for French speakers in Canada that would go through! I apologized for not speaking French but explained how there was no other option and even sent a screen shot of the registration page showing the security code and my matching entry and in 24 hours I got a nice English reply giving me a link where I could register. Of course it was the same page...

Too funny.
I seem to remember going through the same thing with Cubase 4 LE.
I did eventually manage and submit all of my personal data with Steinberg. All approved, up and running etc. but when I went back a month later..... it was like I didn't exist.
I can reinstall the disc every 30 days if I choose so I'll just go that route if I ever decide to use it.

To be perfectly honest (and not to hurt the feelings of any of the nice people on this forum who have helped me with it) I'm wondering if Cubase is the right match for me. It seems to be a system hog and does all sorts of neat 'professional' type tricks that I know I will never use. I simply want to record five or six tracks, maybe have a drum program to add a track, and be able to set basic things like volume, reverb, etc. I'm learning to do this on Cubase but I'm constantly worried I'm going to exceed my CPU usage or trip the wrong 'switch' at the wrong time or something...

Oh, well, that's just carping from a newbie who has still read less than 100 pages of the manual (and I do give Steinberg kudos for that bit of work).

Back