reflexion filter with boom stand or non boom stand

gamba

hi, can a rf filter be used with a boom stand or is it better to use with a standard heavy duty straight stand.

Seriously? :eek:

I can't see how it would make a difference, other than the fact that it has more chance of falling over if it's on a boom.

I use mine on a boom stand, but you take the boom off and clamp it to the upright bit. You wouldn't be able to use it on the boom.

how do you stop it from tipping over? g.c just tried to sell me a $199.00 boom stand and said thats what your supposed to use other wise with a non boom it will tip over. please clarify this for me.

how do you stop it from tipping over? g.c just tried to sell me a $199.00 boom stand and said thats what your supposed to use other wise with a non boom it will tip over. please clarify this for me.

Guitar Center seem to be giving bad advice again (like the poor poster yesterday who was sold expensive speaker cable to carry LINE LEVEL to active monitors).

Any decent stand will do--and if it's a boom stand just take the boom off. If you're worried about stability add a sand bag (or other weight) to the legs.

Here are some sE photos of their Reflexion Filter:

se-electronics-reflexion-filter.jpg

Note that the unit mounts on the vertical part of the mic stand and has it's own extension to hold the mic itself--no boom arms in sight.

Every year at this time it seems more people get more bad advice from GC - must be something about the 'need to frivously spend'!

Back