Reducing audio latency

MadStrum!

Other than using the Kx drivers, Are there any other ways to reduce the audio latency? I already have 512 megs of ram, when I put the latency in either Sonar 2 or Reason 2.5 to 20ms, I start getting clicks and pops.
Please don't tell me to get a new sound card as I don't have the money right now.
I'll do whatever small things that can help the latency.

Thanks.

Pier.

You must use SBLive!, don't you?

Ugh, I don't think things will go smooth with your curent card. Just like you, I tried many things to gain lower latency with SBLive! before, but everytime I solve something, there will be another problem in counterparts. I think everyone knows how much I love the SBLive! for years. I love how it treated MIDI minded like me at such cheap cost. But when it comes working with audio, I don't think you'll get better performance with this kind of card. Things are totaly changed since I use M-Audio Delta card. I'm sorry...

;)
Jaymz

ps. anyway, any info about your complete spec?

AMD 1800+
512 MB RAM

Yup it's an sblive... I managed to make some decent sounding demos using it, but the midi keyboard latency is always a problem. Initially I actually though that it was me with my lousy rhythmn...coz I was trying like helll to play to the drums... now I know better haha.

Pier.

Back