Redbook Burning On Mac

gummblefish

Twitchy Wanker
Any Of you Guys Making Redbook Standard CD's on a Mac? If so What are you using to Burn them. Im thinking of buying Roxio Toast but im not too sure if it will do it for me or not. What else is there around that is worth a look at?

I use Roxio Jam, but there are many optins now. Most of the two track editors now have CD burning built into them. Both Peak and DSP Quattro will do red book burning, for example.

Thanks very much. On another topic of redbook burning i was wondering. When i do a mixdown from Cubase should it be in wav or aiff form? Also, say i have been recording at 24 bit should i do the conversion to 16 bit at mixdown or will the burning software automatically convert to 16 bit for me? :confused:

I think I read somewhere that Toast does redbook, but I'm not a mac guy, so I'm not certain. As for 24/16, you should truncate & dither as the final step before burning the CD (unless you're sending out for mastering, in which case, you should leave it as 24-bit and burn it to a data cd/dvd for the ME).

AIFF or WAV does make a difference if you are ftp'ing audio files. I always go with final files in WAV now for that reason, it's just a lot more compatible with the computing/internet world at large. I tend to stick with SDII until the work is done, then when dithering I'll choose WAV for the output format.

Back