Red Wire songs - feedback appreciated

Skysaw

Hi all,

It's been ages since I've put a song up, but I feel ready to share again. I've been working for about two years on my album (mostly in the last six months), and I'm going in for a final mastering session with my engineer on Monday.

Here's a couple of samples:

The Mystery We Bear
Quiet

It's all pretty much off the beaten track, so don't feel bad if you hate 'em. But please do leave comments.

For the interested, please feel free to visit the Red Wire info page to listen to a bunch of tracks that will be on the CD. All of the songs have been worked over a bit since the postings, but it's a pretty good idea of the sound of the album.

If you're really into weird, take a listen to "Elaine Incident" or "Pretty Poppies."

Thanks for your feedback!

I like this song. I like the way sounds are coming from different places. This song breaks rules, which most people in here seem to be against. I like the way the guitar works with the techno-ambient aspect, as opposed to just sitting on top of it.
"Skysaw" You an Eno fan???
my old AOL name was enowannabe.

Choose an unacceptable color

Thanks for the comments. I'm glad you can appreciate rule-breaking, as it's what a lot of my music is about. That song has a lot of very contrasting elements, but somehow all feels very natural together. It borrows from rock, funk, grunge, jazz, classical, ambient, and avant-garde without really sounding like any of them.

Yes, I'm an Eno fan. He's an influence, along with many others (King Crimson, Sparklehorse, Grandaddy, Roxy Music).

Is the unacceptable color one of the oblique strategy cards?

*sigh*

24 views, and no more comments? I know it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's ok to say that too.

Here come's another one....

Not really my style. But for the most part I thought it was a decent song. Lots of different sounds, and I thought they came together well.

A couple of constructive comments. You went pretty thick with the reverb. Maybe back that off a bit... The vocal delivery was a little "flat" in spots. Not "flat" as in pitch, flat as in... well... flat. Probably confusing, sorry.

Trip....

I'm not sure if this is part of the reason as to the number of responses but.... For me to download it is about 15 minutes. I tend to listen to the ones over at nowhere for that reason. I can check out and comment on 2-4 tunes in that time.

Joe

15 minutes?? I guess I must be spoiled with my cable modem, because I just checked, and the longer song only takes me about 25 seconds to download.

It is a hefty 5:17 long, so that may be what's hurting you if you have dial-up.

Back