Red Type A

Warhead said:
Yes, with almost every one of their capsules and on many sources.

War

Your such a tease! Come on, spill the beans. I heard one at AES through a Focusrite Red, I think with the R7 cap, and thought it sounded F'ing awesome, but that wasn't exactly a good location for critical listening. I'm guessing you must like it if you've used it that much?

Well thanks Warhead, you're a fountain of knowledge. Why did you bother to answer. It's like saying "Yeah, I know all about those mics, but I'm not telling you anything."

Robert D said:
Well thanks Warhead, you're a fountain of knowledge. Why did you bother to answer. It's like saying "Yeah, I know all about those mics, but I'm not telling you anything."

At the time I posted that, it's about all the time I had to say anything...yes I was short and to the point but dude...relax...it's all good.

What is it you want to know other than your original question?

Boil it down for me and when I find my way back here I'll get more specific.

Maybe you want my opinion on a certain capsule etc? Maybe you just want to know the sonic differences between the Type B and the Type A?

I had no idea when you asked.

War

Also, I was at AES...did you stop by our booth? We could have chatted about them there also.

War

So where are the naysayers and questioners? :eek:
War has opened up the telephone lines and nobody is home.
OK, here is my phone call.
Warren: I have a 3-pattern sE Z3300A. Would purchasing the Red Type B Basic Package at $699 be giving me something similar to the Z3300A or is there a major difference in the sonic characteristics provided by the similar Red capsules.

Sorry War. Since you *answered* my initial question quickly, then didn't reply for a couple of days to my plea for something more than just "Yes, with almost every one of their capsules and on many sources", I assumed you were done with the subject. I don't get what it is you don't get about my first, let alone second post. Why is it that you need a specific question to give your overall impression of a mic? Are you a computer that needs the proper syntax to run a script? Aren't you in the business of selling these things? Man, talk about your low pressure sales technique! :D
Yes, I saw the FEA booth at AES, though I was on my way to a seminar at the time, didn't know you were FEA, and hadn't even found out about the Type A yet, which I discovered at the Red booth. They were a little more conversant about it anyway.
It just occured to me that you may be sensitive to the appearance of coming to this forum only to promote your business, so I'll hope that was the reason you were recalcitrant to share your opinion of the mic. I think the only thing wrong with sellers on the forum is when they diss a product they don't carry, to promote a product they do carry.........not the case here.
I don't have a specific question about the Type A, just wanted your general opinion of it, with the red 7 capsule that I mentioned, or whatever caps you found to be worth talking about. Knowing as you must that the Red 7 capsule is advertised as a U47 sound, you could speak to that, or not.

Back