recordings made in a cabin in the woods

ragata

This is the "unmixed" result of a week of tracking (10 songs total) in a small, secluded cottage. I guess this was my first real "job" in this field, meaning I do not play in the band myself, and I got paid for it.
The band was very happy with the pre-mix I gave them, and the final mixing is going to take place in a couple of weeks.
The sound is fairly unprocessed (a Magento on the master bus, and little compression and reverb) and thus I'd like to know what people here think about the over-all sound so far, and if anything could be severely improved in the mix (hopefully that won't be necessary :) ).
Again, please do not comment on the mix, but rather the actual recording.

thanks!

Wish I had a cabin in the woods!

Everything sounds like it was recorded very well. Clean, but not too clean. Nice air and distance imaging.

What did you use for the kick drum? Doesn't to have too much low thud, but EQ could probably fix that (if it should be fixed... I know kick sounds are very personal and vary widely)

Cheers,
Brendan
www.pinkhumpy.com

I sure am lucky :cool:

Actually, the only mics used were 2 ADK sc-1's and 2 SM-57's, through a spirit sx mixer and a motu 2408 mkII. In other words, the kick was miced with an sm57. I'll be getting a d112 soon though, and I agree - it probably needs some processing before it'll sound allright.

thanks for the reply :D

Back