Recording with Soundblaster 5.1

MonkeyShock

I can't record. If anybody is using this system, can you tell me what input to use for recording and how your windows system is configured........I have playback and can hear my mike through the speakers, but I think my settings or inputs for recording are wrong.
I have the same problem with my M-audio 2496...so I'm not using it.
I've can't get any response from windows recorder or my Magix Samlitude.
From my mixer, I"m using a 2 in 1 adapter and going in to line-in.........I've tried mic in without response. Possibly my windows mixer settings are not correct.

Last edited:
I can't record. If anybody is using this system, can you tell me what input to use for recording and how your windows system is configured........I have playback and can hear my mike through the speakers, but I think my settings or inputs for recording are wrong.
I have the same problem with my M-audio 2496...so I'm not using it.
I've can't get any response from windows recorder or my Magix Samlitude.
From my mixer, I"m using a 2 in 1 adapter and going in to line-in.........I've tried mic in without response. Possibly my windows mixer settings are not correct.

Forget Soundblaster. It's really not going to do anything for you. Go back to M-audio 2496.

Read the manual for M-audio and make sure it is installed correctly.

Samplitude should work okay with it. However, I don't use it so I don't know how it should be configured.

When you have M-audio connected, go to control panel, sound and audio devices, and make sure m-audio is selected for recording and playback.

Do your monitoring through M-audio.

Right. What Gecko said. If you have your M-Audio connected properly and drivers installed then your windows control panel should not come into play at all. Samplitude will see your M-Audio ASIO driver. Be sure you're selecting that!!

Back