Recording Vsti's to audio

fluxburn

Ok so I have cubase running and I program a line for absynth and its good to go. Right now I have the output of the computer goto my mackie mixer and then I select subout 1 and 2 and I sent those outs back into the computers inputs while muting the input to avoid a loop.

Whatever it works fine and all but isn't there a way to do it inside cubase without my mixer(i.e. in the digital realm only)?

If you're using a VST synth, you should set the locators to include the beginning of the track to the end of the track, then solo the VST synth track and choose File > Export Audio Mixdown. Make sure under "Import To" you have the Audio Track box checked. This will export the audio to a new track.

I'm assuming by "program a line" you mean that you have recorded a MIDI track using the Absynth? If you're trying to get an audio track out of that MIDI track, the suggestion I gave should work for you.

You guess right, I meant I programmed some midi data in cubase and now I want it to be audio. I have used the mixdown for the entire mix plenty of times, I never new you could solo it and record one part.

Thanks for the input.

You do know that you can use any audio plugin on a vst channel? At the very right side of the mixer are channels for every vst instrument that is enabled. On those tracks you can throw some EQ or insert/send effects, basicly everything you can do to an audio track. If you want to do things like pitching or copy/pasting then you will indeed need to export, then import.

oh, I have seen the audio out for the vst's, just never put the pieces together that I could run effects on them. Thanks for that tip, that is obviously where the audio comes out.

Back