Recording Software

KAM

Can anyone help me with choosing a good recording software to go with a Gina card. I'm looking at Cakewalk Home Studio 8.0, but I've used Cool Edit Pro as well. There is a big cost difference, but money aside, what software is the best. Thanks!!

KAM

Might as well try the free ones; because they're, well, uh- free. N-track, CW & Vegas Pro all offer downloadable demos. And for those purists that might want to chime in here with a warning that loading a lot of different demo software on a PC without reloading the operating system inbetween is a dangerous move: This also applies to the stuff you buy without trying.

I'm in the same boat. What's the difference between so-called Sound Editors such as Cool Edit Pro, Sound Forge, and Wave Lab--and Midi Tools such as Cakewalk Pro Audio, Cubase, Emagic Logic? Forget the price. Which are simply the best for a home recording studio and in what combination? Any compatibility problems with each other or common sound cards such as Darla or Dman 2044?

Sound Forge is a .wav editor.
You load a stereo .wav file and play with it
then save it. There's no multitrack capability.
CW Pro Audio integrates MIDI and digital audio onto the same track display.
I still think their MIDI interface is the best.
Cool Edit Pro is more than a .wav editor; it does multitrack audio akin to N-track or Power Tracks Pro.

Found a great site for dowloading some demo, trial, and shareware versions of all of titles mentioned: hitsquad.com. Check it out.

KAM

Back