Recording Software n Plug ins

spectacle

hi!

Im looking for a good software program for recording vocals with quality plug ins..Right now im using Acid 3.0.
Ive heard Cubase SX should bee real good, well could anybody give me some opinions?

thanks!

Cubase is wonderful, Nuendo is a step up in features, but probably nothing you're going to miss. Do the Cu.

On the expandability side, there are dozens of FREE, good quality VST plugs out there that you can use with Cubase.

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Nuendo is basically Cubase SX on steroids. feature-wise, it's probably nothing you'd miss... I almost wish I'd tried it earlier, but when I was auditioning DAW systems, I went with "Flagship" programs pretty much exclusively. Nuedno covers a lot of features that I will rarely, if ever, use. Video support, Scoring, etc. They label it as a "Media Production" program and Cubase SX a "Music Creation and Production" program.

http://www.steinberg.net will help...

Cubase has the basically the same features and audio engine. Probably takes less RAM too... For a lot less than Nuendo...

JS

See, here's where the different opinions come in. I know a few Sonar users that are very happy with it. When I was auditioning DAWs, they set me up with Sonar (Producer Edition, I think it was called) and it fell apart on my acid test.

That being said, my demands on a DAW are completely different than the average recording/mixing engineer would encounter.

I do remember Sonar's audio engine and summing being quite good, though... And, if I'm not mistaken, it had a cool Lexicon verb plug with it (Parthenon? Pantheon? Some Greek word with a "P") that sounded wonderful.

So, TRY stuff. Beat it up. Run it into the ground. Then, buy one and get to work.

JS

Thanks for giving me your opinions everyone.

I just downloaded a demo version of "samplitude pro. 7.2".
Off course all features weren`tg available but overall I got the impression of itg to bee a good software.

About these other softwares, Nuendo, Sonar pro 3, are there any demo versions available for these?

Has anyone here compared Cubase VST with CEP 2/Adobe Audition? Currently I use CEP 2 on my roommates computer, but I can get Cubase VST (legally) for pretty cheap.

Given that I am used to using CEP, will Cubase be a radical departure? Is there any difference in the sound quality between the two, specifically with the plugins?

Back