Recording Software Lite Suggestions

Telegram Sam

I sit on my couch playing guitar through my eleven rack with headphones and sometimes I come up with a lick that I would like to be able to remember later.

I would like to install a simple, preferably free, program on a crappy little notebook computer that I own, so I can plug my eleven rack into it in my living room and use the set up for recording "on the spot ideas" on my guitar.

I would then like to be able to transfer the single tracks (.wav files on a thumb drive?) into my modest home studio and open and save them in my ProTools Software.

Recording quality is secondary, one track is all I will ever need.

What think ye?
Is Audacity the ideal program for this?

It appears that Audacity has a lot of ancillary utility as a general sound file editor.
I'm going to go for it.
Thanks for the advice! :thumbs up: :guitar: :listeningmusic:

Yes Audacity is popular, but I have a friend that insists that it slows down PC's, so just keep your eyes out for that possibility.

Well, I was looking for software that I could use as a notepad for recording guitar ideas while I'm sitting around on the couch. It ended up being Reaper. In addition to being full featured and easy to use, it has some great guitar effects. The others I tried (Audacity, Wavosaur) seemed to be limited to recording a dry signal.

Back